Make the most of summer before Old Man Winter comes a knockin’. Here’s how:
- Pack a picnic with organic goodies from newly opened Sub-urban Trading Co., in Kensington, MD or stock up at one of the many farmer’s markets in the area.
- Fire up the grill one last time with free-range chicken and home-made sausages from Let’s Meat on the Avenue in Del Ray.
- Stroll through Rock Creek Park or the National Arboretum.
- Take a free walking tour, see the sites by bike, or even hop on a Segway.
- Check out a green roof.
- Build one of your own.
- Pick your own fruit at a nearby orchard.
- Get an au natural faux tan (well, you can do this anytime, but it’s great for Labor-day getaways)
Now, pile on the SPF and get out there while the going’s good.